Hasbro Community Action Heroes!
The Hasbro Community Action Hero Awards recognize youth (ages 5-18) from diverse backgrounds across the nation who have shown an extraordinary commitment to service in their local and/or global community.
Hasbro Children's Fund and generationOn celebrate ten young people between the ages of 5 and 18 for their extraordinary community service and volunteer activities at a special recognition event in Los Angeles, award each winner a $1,000 educational scholarship and a $500 grant to their selected non-profit.
NOMINEES MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
- Be enrolled in school (grade K-12) and age 5-18 at time of nomination
- Be a resident of the 50 United States or District of Columbia
- Be available to travel on Thursday, April 16 to Sunday, April 19, 2015 for a special, expense-paid event in Los Angeles
- Open only to residents of the 50 United States and District of Columbia who are 5-18 years old and in grades K-12 at the time of nomination. Please note that students at any school be it public, private, or home are eligible. Winner and a parent/guardian must be available to attend the expense-paid recognition event in Los Angeles with travel dates from Thursday, April 16 to Sunday, April 19, 2015. A parent/guardian must give consent to participate and accompany the winner to Los Angeles
- It is the nominator's responsibility to submit a complete nomination. Only fully completed nominations will be considered. generationOn accepts no responsibility for incomplete nominations, nominations lost due to technical difficulties, or any other submission in exception to the above instructions. Nominators must be over the age of 13. Parents and family members may serve as nominators.
- By accepting the award, the winner agrees to grant generationOn and Hasbro Inc. permission to publish any photos for promotional purposes. Winners may be publicized in local and national media outlets.
HOW IT WORKS:
- Nominations for the 2015 Hasbro Community Action Hero Award must be received by Friday, February 13, 2015, 5:00pm EST
- Nominators must be 13 years of age or older
- All nominators will be notified of the status of their nominees on or around Thursday, February 26, 2015
- Staff phone interviews may be requested of nominees and their parent or guardian
CONDITIONS OF ACCEPTANCE:
- Awardees and a parent/guardian must participate in an orientation call prior to the award ceremony.
- Awardees and a parent/guardian must be available to travel to the recognition event on Friday, April 17 and Saturday, April 18, 2015 in Los Angeles (with travel days on Thursday, April 16 and Sunday, April 19)
TRAVEL TO RECOGNITON EVENT:
The travel provided is two (2) coach airfare tickets from the major commercial airport nearest awardee's primary residence in the US to Los Angeles and one (1) standard hotel room (double occupancy) for up to 3 nights at a hotel selected by generationOn. Ground transportation will be included. In-room or other personal charges at the hotel (e.g., mini-bar, movies), telephone calls, gratuities, incidentals, and all other expenses are not included. Awardee and parent/guardian must be available to travel on the same itinerary. GenerationOn will attempt to accommodate member's preferred itinerary, but all specifics thereof will be at the sole discretion of generationOn. If, in the sole judgment of generationOn, air travel is not required due to awardee's proximity to prize location, ground transportation may be substituted for roundtrip air travel. Travel companion must be the parent or legal guardian of the awardee, unless otherwise permitted by generationOn.
Please call generationOn toll free at 1-866-269-0510 or email Kathy Saulitis: ksaulitis@generationOn.org with any questions.
Important Note: You will need a seperate log-in and password for the nomination form.
This may not be the same as your generationOn user name.
Grant Management System provided by WizeHive